Saturday, November 3, 2012

Textile Friday: La Bricoleuse and Rachel Pollock

                 I love reading. Give me a good book or blog and you're guaranteed to make my week. One of my favorite blogs to read is La Bricoleuse which comes from the word for "putter around." When I originally started reading her, I thought that the blog would be all about hats from her millinery background. Instead it is lovely backstage pass to the world of theater and costume as she teaches at UNC. I always feel supremely refreshed and inspired when I get done reading one of her posts as if the cobwebs of daily routine have been shaken away. She exposes one to so many of the masters of the craft, new and old.
                 But sometimes, she does hats! This past month she did a expose of her time in England studying hat making (yum) and think the post is really work sharing here. My favorite part was how many video links she included! I'm a visual person where a picture is worth a thousand words and a video is worth 10,000. So let me share my fun with you. Enjoy! I have gotten to share one of my loves with you. Next week hopefully I have a wonderful surprise if everything works out.

No comments:

Post a Comment