Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Day Thirty-Three: My Boyfriend's Jeans

When I first got into fashion, I thought women loved clothes more. But over time, I've come to realize that guys love clothes just as much in a different way. Women love fashion, the change, the flash of color, the twirl of a skirt. Newness, fit, motion. A women loves the act of beauty.

A guy loves how a piece wears. They'll tell you at length about their favorite jeans that took them years to break in right. Ralph Lauren, fashion ion, is famous for wearing the same pair of lucky jeans for 30 years. My father has been wearing the same style of dress shirts as long as I've known him. Ask any wife whose husband still has college shirts or boxers he's worn for 10 years.

The best pieces of clothing do both. So today, I'm fixing my boyfriend's beloved Wrangler jeans. He ripped them at work, but loves them too much to part with them. And so today you get a repair design job fixing a small treasure.

Have a great day. You can continue to follow us on Kickstarter: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/lisashay/walking-in-your-dreams

No comments:

Post a Comment