Monday, March 18, 2013

Behind the Scenes Look at the Importance of Being Earnest

                                   Hey guys, thought you might enjoy a small behind the scenes pass to the upcoming Raleigh Little Theater Play, The Importance of Being Earnest. One of the great things I love about theater is you get to create over the top pieces there's no way you could sell for a living. Take this over the top yellow number. All that yellow and pink! Crazy. I'm trying to put together a behind the scenes tour for people who are not familar with a theater costume shop to enjoy. There's something about this process which is a little like weaving together magic.
                                    I love how this place shakes the cobwebs of my daily routine from me and let's me just experience a small sense of wonder. Oh and this photo comes to you courtesy of my friend and patternmaker, Heather Meadows. I always forget to take pictures. If anyone is interested in hiring her for costume/patternmaking work, feel free to e-mail me at: dsmcginn1@lisashay.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment