Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Day Twenty-Six: How to Make Librarian Cotton Gloves

        This week I'm pouring through our photos from the shoot to release our new collection: "Lunch Escape." While I do that, I invite you to have fun with me as I catch up on recapping some other projects. Today we're going to be super quiet and visit the museum. As some of you guys may know, Nash has landed his dream volunteer job downtown going through the State's archives. I'm thrilled for him and it deserves a super-shiny pair of white cotton reading gloves as they don't really make white gloves for guy's hands his size that I can find. I see lots of cool weapons and theater costumes in our future.

         If you want to make your own, you can do it in an evening with thread and a needle. You just need: fabric scraps, needle, scissors, button thread, and paper.

1. Trace your hand and cut out the master pattern. (See above.)
2. Trace your pattern on fabric with a 1/2 inch seam allowance.
3. Pin and cut your gloves out.
4. Sew together with a basic whip stitch.
5. Turn inside out and voila you're done.

         I've put more detailed instructions on Instructables if you would like to check them out.

No comments:

Post a Comment