Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Fun with Cirque du Soleil Costume Designer Jesse Dawson

              One of my favorite type of textile designers to run into are costume designers. They have such an amazing combination of zen calm and interesting skills. No two I've EVER met have the same specializations so I love chewing the fat with them. You never know what fun thing they will be working on or new project. It's also a business with a love of handwork and technical skill so the competition/paranoia doesn't exist on the same level as manufacturing because your skills rest in your hands, not the tools. It allows one to enjoy the fact that custom work is beautiful and unique. Like watching snowflakes.  Which brings me to Jesse. I LOVE watching his work as it seems to evolve every year. He's worked as a cosplayer, a costumer for Cirque du Soleil, and now services high-end night clubs in LA with custom works of art. Something amazing is always coming out of his hands. And solutions to problems I never even thought to ask. I don't know what the next year will bring for him or his art, but I hope to his long and beautiful career ahead of him. To his next work of magic may it be as much fun as this costume of him here.

No comments:

Post a Comment