Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Day Seven: Custom Sewn-In Mirrors


Today I am being a fashion snob and creating something beautiful, just because. I've been falling in love with Spring Fashion and one of my favorite new trends is the glass and mirror tops made from safety glass. They have this lovely captured light effect that makes models float and sparkle. Lucite has an old history dating back to the Bakelite Fashion on of WW II (1925-1940s) and is experiencing a resurgence. The Charlotte Mint Museum did a wonderful show on this last year and I was inspired to create my own engraved pieces from mirrors.
The pieces can be sewn or riveted to tops, clothing, bags, or other creation. We have a host of colors, the silver and blue are my favorite. You can also find: pink, dark blue, medium blue, gold, purple, yellow, bronze, slate gray, red, green, and colorless in 1/8 inch thickness. You can order a sample online at our Etsy store for $12 per 8 or $85 per 100. Please contact us for larger orders. We accept wholesale orders.

You can find our sample in the shop here: http://www.etsy.com/listing/85147898/engraved-mirror-sample-sewable-or

No comments:

Post a Comment